The mission of Village Christian School is to provide a
CAREing, Christ-Centered Education producing students who thrive.
Assist MS/HS students at VCS to develop an understanding and knowledge
of personal gifts/abilities/interests while emphasizing strong academic
and personal skills as the basis for sound educational development. Engage
students and parents in a variety of post high school options while empowering
them to understand and navigate the college planning, selection, admissions,
application and financial aid process. Advance the awareness that opportunities
exist for admission to top tier colleges and universities. Assist students
in learning how to set goals, solve problems, develop and nurture healthy
relationships, build resilience, and grow in their relationship with God.
- Initiate and provide academic advisement to students and their parents
throughout the year to develop and maintain an educational plan designed
for high school graduation and college admission.
- Collaborate with department to create and implement a vision and strategic plan.
- Create events, ongoing programs, and publicity that establish a “college
Work closely with MS counselor to design and implement college planning
beginning in 6th grade, creating a college roadmap
- Inspire students to reach for challenging colleges and universities and
assist students in the college application process including testing and
- Provide personal and social counseling for students
- Collaborate with and serve as a resource person to faculty, staff, and
- Support students by designing and implementing intervention and acceleration
programs and opportunities
- Train students and parents in the use of Naviance and the Family Link
- Assist students in the college application process and serve as a reference
- Organize and chaperone college visit trips for student groups.
- Coordinate college and other professional representatives for visiting VCS
- Promote VCS and our academics and programs to Admissions Counselors at
selective colleges and universities
Village Christian Schools seeks to hire employees with a vibrant Christian
· Show evidence of their Christian walk and actively participate
in a Christian community
- Demonstrate initiative and follow through
- Are articulate, have strong interpersonal skills and are committed to the
success of all students
- Demonstrate a thorough and current understanding of the college admissions
process, a-g requirements and NCAA and NAIA Eligibility Center
- Hold a Masters Degree in an education related field
- Have earned a PPS credential
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational
ability and ability to meet deadlines
- Are technologically competent
- Are continually seeking to learn, grow and improve their skills
This is a full-time, 40-hours-a-week/12-month position.
This position reports directly to the MS/HS Principal.
Boys Basketball Coach
Village Christian is in search of a highly qualified Boys Basketball Coach.
Over the past seven years the basketball program had a 166-54 (.75%) overall
record and a 42-14 league record. The program has amassed a school-record
four straight (2012-2015) state tournament appearances, four (2012, 2013,
2014, 2016) conference championships, two (2014, 2015) CIF-SS titles,
one (2012) CIF state championship, and a 26-8 postseason record. Village
Christian is the only private school in the San Fernando Valley to ever
compete and win the Division 1AA championship.
The Head Coach will report to the athletic director and will be responsible
for supervision/staffing all levels and administration of all facets of
•Places high emphasis on Christian values, integrity, ethics, and
•High School and/or College coaching experience, head coaching experience
•Possess a high level of knowledge in the sport, including, but not
limited to strategy, skill building, practice and game planning.
•Bachelor’s degree, for teaching/administration position, teaching
credential and Master’s degree preferred.
•Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
• Motivates and inspires all student-athletes throughout the program
to reach full potential in areas of athletics, academics, spiritual and
• Willingness to listen and respond to students, parents, coaches,
administrators, and members of the community.
•Willing to accept challenges and successfully meet those challenges.
•Letter(s) of Recommendation.
•Introduction letter describing qualifications for this position.
•Resume & Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be
Application Deadline March 31, 2017. Please submit documents to Mr. Kevin Aust – Athletic Director
Link to Application:
Assist school librarian with daily operations as needed
- Supervise students
- Assist students in proper computer/device use and assist in problem solving
- Check books in and out
- Shelve books
- Maintain safe and orderly library environment, including light cleaning
- Close and secure library at end of day