Must demonstrate a vibrant relationship with Christ and be able to articulate
her/his personal theology; must demonstrate a genuine love for others;
must act with integrity in all matters; must be committed to the success
of all students
Under the direction of a Principal, organize, coordinate and administer
assigned programs and activities related to student discipline, attendance
and instruction grades 6-12; assist the Principal with administrative
duties involving student conduct, curriculum development and school plant
operations as assigned; supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned
- Plan, organize, coordinate, implement and participate in programs and activities
related to the operation of grades 6-12, including instruction, student
discipline and other programs; enforce applicable Village Christian School
policies and State laws; administer school site discipline policies and
- Perform a variety of administrative duties to assist the Principal in managing
the school; assume the duties of the Principal as assigned.
- Assist with supervision and evaluation of the performance of designated
certificated and/or classified personnel; assign duties to faculty and
staff as appropriate to meet school objectives; assist with recruiting,
interviewing and selecting new faculty and staff.
- Assist with development and administration of disciplinary procedures in
accordance with Village Christian School policies and State laws; receive
referrals and confer with students, parents, teachers and community agencies;
respond to and resolve parent, student and staff complaints.
- Supervise students on campus before and after school; monitor students
during lunch, nutrition and other activities; discipline students according
to established guidelines.
- Establish, coordinate and maintain communication with community and parent
groups; attend and conduct a variety of meetings and events; develop correspondence
to promote school activities and achievements.
- Assist in monitoring and organizing attendance functions; prepare letters
and call parents as needed regarding absent or tardy students.
- Provide direction to a variety of faculty, staff and student programs and
services; participate in informal and formal classroom visitations and
observations; provide recommendations and suggestions as appropriate.
- Assure the health, safety and welfare of students.
- Operate a computer and a variety of office equipment.
- Assist with monitoring the school budget; order supplies as needed; manage
student body accounts as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Any combination equivalent to: Masters degree
and four years of classroom teaching experience. Must hold a California
Teaching Credential and be eligible to receive a California Administrative
- Comprehensive organization, activities, goals and objectives of grades 6-12
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Instructional standards and faculty requirements
- Village Christian School policies, procedures and regulations
- Principles and practices of administration, supervision and training
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer operation
- Public speaking techniques
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations
- Assist with the implementation, evaluation and modification of instructional
and categorical programs in accordance
with applicable laws
- Plan and organize work
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Complete work with many interruptions
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
- Understand and resolve issues, complaints or problems
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Maintain records and prepare reports
- Monitor students
Assist school librarian with daily operations as needed
- Supervise students
- Assist students in proper computer/device use and assist in problem solving
- Check books in and out
- Shelve books
- Maintain safe and orderly library environment, including light cleaning
- Close and secure library at end of day
Athletic Training Resident/Intern
for 2017/18 academic/athletic year
- Reporting to Head Athletic Trainer
VCS Athletics Responsibilities
- Coordinate and deliver athletic injury prevention, evaluation, management,
and rehabilitation of VCS athletic teams
- Communicate and document athlete progress to athletic training staff, physicians,
conditioning staff, and coaches
- Maintain written/computerized records on all athletes’ injuries,
treatments, and rehabilitation
- Refer injured athletes to Team Physician as appropriate
- Supervise high school student assistants
- Perform various administrative duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer
- Other responsibilities as directed by Head Athletic Trainer.
- All applicants must be certified by the BOC by start date.
- Current Professional CPR certification.
- High school athletic training experience is preferred
- Working toward a Master’s degree is preferred
- Complete the VCS Classified application
- Submit application, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is a 10-month stipend position for one year, with option to apply
for a second term. No tuition waiver.