A Custodian is responsible for the general cleaning of the buildings in
- Performs the cleaning tasks in their assigned area
- Performs other duties as directed by the Lead Custodian or Assistant Facilities Manager
Village Christian Schools seeks to hire only employees with a vibrant Christian
faith. Successful candidates will possess experience in:
- The Custodian must be in a good physical condition in order to perform
his/her job duties
- Must be able to bend, reach, climb ladders/stairs in the performance of
- Ability to carry/lift up to 50 pounds
- Will exemplify high Christian ideals in a spirit of cooperativeness with integrity
This is a full time 40 hours a week position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required
to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see,
climb a ladder a minimum of 6’, and use repetitive motions, While
performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or
move up to 75 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed
material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual
to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public
and other staff.