Email Group (Distribution Lists)
A distribution list is a group of e-mail addresses that you setup with
a group name so you don't have to add each address individually. That
way when you want to send a message to everyone in the group you can put
the group name in the To: box rather than clicking on all the various
names from a list. This procedure came right out of "Help, "
by the way. Here it is:
Create a personal distribution list
1. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Distribution List.
2. In the Name box, type the name that you would like your group to be
called. The distribution list is saved in your Contacts folder by the
name you give it.
3. Click Select Members. In the Show names from the list, click the address
book that contains the e-mail addresses you want in your distribution
list. (You will probably select the one named "Global Address Book.")
4. In the Type name or select from list box, type a name you want to include.
In the list below, select the name, and then click Add. Keep selecting
names until you have your group of names. Click OK.
5. If you want to add a longer description of the distribution list, click
the Notes tab, and then type the text.
6. Click Save and Close.
Next time you send a message, this entry should appear in your address book.
Another Method to setup groups...
Following are basically the same instructions from another e-mail I once
sent to everyone…
1. Click on Address Book icon.
2. Click on New Entry icon.
3. Make sure Personal Address Book is the selection in the “Put
this entry” section.
4. Highlight Personal Distribution List and click OK.
5. When the new window comes up for making a New Personal Distribution
List, type a new name for the group you want to create, then click on
6. Move each name you want to put in your group into the Personal Distribution
List box. (Do so by highlighting the name of the person and then clicking
7. After selecting all your members, click OK at the bottom of the box.
8. Click OK again to close the next box.
9. Close Address Book.
How to send to groups you have setup...
1. Click on the “New Mail Message” icon.
2. Click on the “To:” button.
3. Select “Personal Address Book” from the Show Names from box.
4. Highlight the group you want to e-mail and click the “To:” button.
5. Click “OK”
6. Type in your subject and your message and then click on send.
How to share your distribution list with other users...
To send your list..
1. Open a new e-mail message.
2. Click on the little triangle next to the paper clip icon for inserting a file.
3. When you click the little triangle, a drop down box will appear. Click
4. Select your Contacts folder from the top list.
5. Select your Distribution group from the lower list.
6. Click OK.
7. Send the message.
To open a list you receive..
1. Right click on the received attachment.
2. Drag the attachment to your contacts folder.
Note: to drag it, left-click and hold the mouse button while you drag
it to the Contacts folder or tab in Outlook. (Left side.) When you “hover”
over the Contacts tab, your subfolders should appear above and you can
drop it in the appropriate Contacts folder.
You can also set up groups from within your Webmail account.