The Miracle Worker
Newly Remodeled VCS Auditorium
- Friday, November 4 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 5 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 6 at 2 p.m.
- Friday, November 11 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 12 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 13 at 2 p.m.
The Miracle Worker - This classic of the American theater tells the story
of Annie Sullivan and her student, blind, deaf and mute Helen Keller.
The Miracle Worker dramatizes the volatile relationship between the lonely
teacher and her charge. Trapped in a secret, silent world, unable to communicate,
Helen is violent, spoiled, almost sub-human. Only Annie realizes that
there is a mind and spirit waiting to be rescued from the dark, tortured
silence. With scenes of intense physical and emotional dynamism, Annie
gradually forms a bond with her and shows Helen ways of reaching others.
WINNER! 1960 TONY AWARD - Best Play