[Click here to view some of our students' work.]
Here at Village Christian, we have an extensive visual arts program. High
school students who wish to pursue a career in art can graduate with a
Concentration in Visual Arts. With basic art instruction beginning in
elementary school, semester-length elective art classes become available
in middle school including art, ceramics, yearbook, and the sixth-grade
“Wheel” (a class including multiple electives including video
production and art).
- In high school art, classes begin with a year-long foundation overview
class called Visual Art.
- Upon completion, students may pursue 2D, 3D, media art classes or a combination
of any of these.
- Second-level classes include Art Studio 2D, Art Studio 3D, Yearbook, Graphic
Design and Video Production and Advanced Video production.
- Students who complete AP 2D are eligible to continue on to AP 2D art and
students completing Art Studio 3D are eligible to take AP 3D Art.
VCS has its own art gallery available for students for shows and art events.
AP students have an annual show and now students in the Visual Arts students
Concentration can participate in the big show during our open house symposium.
Our 3D facilities include:
- Art lab equipped with kiln, potters wheels, a pug mill, extruder and sculpting tools.
Our 2D facilities include:
- Tilting painting tables and easels, a Mac lab, a PC lab with graphic design,
yearbook and video editing capabilities including Adobe Premiere Pro and
Adobe After Effects.
Our video production lab utilizes:
- Sony HD video cameras for beginning classes and Panasonic HVX200 cameras
and well as Canon DSLRs for Advanced classes.
Our graduates go on to attend top art and design schools including:
- Cal Arts
- Pasadena Art Center
- Chicago Art institute
- Savannah College of Art and Design
Our students regularly score high on AP art portfolios and have earned
gold and silver medals at the national level of the Scholastic Art Contest;
our Yearbook teams have received numerous awards, and our students’
films have been accepted into the Burbank Film Festival and received the
highest rating at the Tower of Youth awards.
Village Christian is a thriving place for students interested in the arts.