Awards, Accreditation, Memberships
National Blue Ribbon School
In 2003, Village Christian School was named a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the United States Department of Education. The primary criteria for this distinction is for a school to have standardized test scores in the top 10% of the nation in both reading and math.
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Village Christian School is accredited by WASC, one of six regional associations that accredit public and private secondary school colleges, and universities in the United States. Our current standing is a six-year term without a mid-term visit, meaning the school received the maximum term, evidence that is a trustworthy place of learning and little, if any, additional support is needed for implementation, monitoring and accomplishment of the school’s action plan in between WASC visits.
CESA (Council on Educational Standards and Accountability)
Village Christian School is the first California school to be admitted as a Member of Council to the prestigious CESA organization.CESA is an organization of the most well-respected Christian schools in the country.Its goal is to create standards for excellent Christian education and hold schools accountable to meeting them. In addition, CESA provides a network of Christian-school leaders who are committed to helping each other and to improving the international Christian-school movement.
- CESA School (Council on Educational Standards and Accountability)
- California Scholarship Federation (CSF)
- California Interscholastic Federation, Southern Section (CIF)
- National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP)
- College Board
- Readers' Choice School (Los Angeles Times)
- Best Private School in Burbank (News-Press Leader)
- Favorite School (Los Angeles Daily News)
- Best Deal in Education (KCAL Channel 9, KTLA Channel 5)