The Substitute Teacher is responsible for carrying out the lesson plans of the teacher for whom he/she is substituting and fulfilling the standard duties of classroom teaching and instruction.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Following the lesson plan left by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting in accordance with school’s philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Meeting and instructing assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Establishing and maintaining order in the classroom.
- Maintaining a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, equipment and facilities.
- Assisting in upholding and enforcing school rules and administrative policies.
- Reporting to the principal or his/her designee at the beginning and end of the school day.
- Other responsibilities as directed by the principal.
Village Christian School seeks to hire employees with a vibrant Christian faith. Successful candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working with students.
- A strong Christian faith.
Village Christian School is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to any protected basis under federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws for Christian school employers. Applicants who need an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment and hiring process should contact the Human Resources department in order to discuss reasonable accommodation.