Host Family Opportunities
The host family will provide residential homestay supervision duties and services to international students living within the school residence. The host family performs various duties to ensure the health, welfare, and successful integration of their students into school life.
- Serve as a partner with the student’s parents to help the student successfully navigate being a student at VCS.
- Manage the household to ensure a safe, comfortable and spiritually inspiring living environment for the students.
- Provide the necessary parenting services for the students to assist them in being successful academically, socially, and spiritually within the school.
- Provide all meals, transportation, supervision, and communication with the school for the students. Including transportation to and from the airport.
- Provide other services as described in the International Host Family job description.
Village Christian Schools seeks to hire only employees with a vibrant Christian faith. Successful candidates will possess experience in:
- The spiritual qualifications of all Village Christian Schools personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills and outstanding communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to relate to international students and their families
- Ability to work with a seasoned administrative staff and faculty, and with parent volunteers
- A commitment to the mission of Village Christian School
This position includes room and board and a food allowance. It is a taxable position based on the equivalent of renting a room(s) and board.
This position reports directly to the Office of Admissions and the International Student Department.
For more information, please contact Kristin Machuca at email@example.com or 818-767-8382.