Technology Department - Technician
The technician provides general technology help desk support for faculty and staff. Additionally, this person also assists in set-up and installation of individual computers, labs, network projects, and other general technology-related tasks.
- Setup and installation of new workstations.
- Basic setup and troubleshooting of televisions/video in classrooms.
- Basic troubleshooting and support for Apple TVs, SmartBoards and projectors.
- Move equipment as needed.
- Assist faculty and staff with technology needs as directed.
- Respond to technology help desk tickets.
- Answer phone and respond as needed.
- Contact vendors for warranty and support issues.
- Communicate regarding inventory movement and liquidations, and when supplies are needed.
- Assist in maintaining tech office and work areas in a neat an orderly fashion.
- Change media for nightly backups.
- Assist in keeping software/hardware organized and stored properly.
- Assist others on the technology team when needed.
- Keep abreast of new and recent trends in technology.
- Participate in self-assessments and personal growth plans as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Technology.
Village Christian Schools seeks to hire only employees with a vibrant Christian faith. Successful candidates will possess experience in:
- Overall competency using computers
- Good communication skills including ability to work well with many people
- Ability to troubleshoot software/hardware problems, setup and install computers, and provide routine computer maintenance
- Good phone skills for working with vendors, support services, etc.
- Ability to provide regular maintenance and support of Windows and Macintosh OS.
- Various technology-related certifications desirable, but not required.
- High school graduate.
This is a part-time 25-30-hours-per-week position.
This position reports directly to the Director of Technology.
School Bus Driver
Seeking both Regular and Substitute School Bus Driver to drive routes, sports and field trips, as assigned.
- Safely transport students to/from assigned destinations
- Arrive at VCS on time as directed by the Transportation Department
- Do a complete check out of school bus assigned for this day
- Be subject to random alcohol and drug testing
- Maintain all licensing requirements
- Keep the inside of the bus clean and orderly
- Assist with the fueling of spare buses
- Fuel bus used, if needed
Village Christian Schools seeks to hire employees with a vibrant Christian faith. Successful candidates will possess experience in:
- A desire to continue and further their education
Must have in immediate procession:
- Valid and current Commercial California Drivers License with passenger, air brakes and school bus endorsements
- Completed, valid and current DL-51 (medical card)
- Valid and current California Special Driver Certificate
- Valid and current American Red Cross First Aid card
- All required hours of training complete and up to date
This is a part-time position with varied hours per week.
This position reports directly to the Director of Transportation.