VCS Audio/Visual Coordinator
The VCS Audio/Video (“A/V”) Coordinator will be responsible for the audio/visual needs of Village Christian School. The A/V Coordinator will report to the Director of Fine Arts and the Spiritual Life Director in order to manage the calendar and execution of all A/V needs on campus. The A/V Coordinator is a part-time, hourly position for 11 months out of the year.
- Set up: mixer, cables, microphones, mixer, instruments
- Execution: mic mutes and levels, video cues, music cues for games, etc.
- Programming light cues for each event for various stage/platform/floor positions and actions
- Execution of all light transitions throughout event
- Prep: Needs to be proficient with ProPresenter/PowerPoint media.
- Setup: computer/video transmission from Audio/VisualHQ
- Execution of all video cues throughout event
- Coordinating in advance the needs of teachers, staff, and guests via email/phone
- Interacting professionally throughout setup and event execution
- Weekly Chapels
- ASB events (Non-fire, pep rallies, outdoor movie night, etc.)
- Admission & Academic Events (Meet the Teacher, Open House, Graduation, etc.)
- Fine Arts Academy Musicals
- Fine Arts Academy Recitals
- Performing Arts Christmas and Spring Showcases
- Performing Arts Concerts
- Theatre Arts Fall Play and Spring Musical
- Elementary Events (Thanksgiving Assembly, Grandparents Day, Spring Sing, Easter musical)
- Athletics sound set up (Football Home Games)
Fine Arts Events and Production Responsibilities
- Assisting outside A/V contractors with location knowledge
- Supervising and coordinating load-ins of external A/V gear
- Attending tech rehearsals
- Wireless microphone setup and preparation
- Strike, clean-up, reinstall, reset of audio, projection, and lighting systems
- Maintain schedule of each event in need of tech through ServiceU
- Correspond with teachers/staff with regard to specific tech needs
- Identifying repair needs and reporting needed upgrades
- Maintain and organize audio visual equipment in the following locations: Kendall Pavilion, Auditorium, Chapel, Band Room, and Black Box
- Ensuring all locations have adequate instructions present
- Staying up-to-date with software upgrades and latest technology as it relates to your job responsibilities
This part-time, 11-month job requires approximately 20 hours per week, keeping in mind that certain times of the year will require more (approx. 30-50 hours/week).
International Residence-Host Family
2020-2021 School Year
The host family will provide residential homestay supervision duties and services to international students living within the school residence. The host family performs various duties to ensure the health, welfare, and successful integration of their students into school life.
- Serve as a partner with the student’s parents to help the student successfully navigate being a student at VCS.
- Manage the household to ensure a safe, comfortable and spiritually inspiring living environment for the students.
- Provide the necessary parenting services for the students to assist them in being successful academically, socially, and spiritually within the school.
- Provide all meals, transportation, supervision, and communication with the school for the students. Including transportation to and from the airport.
- Provide other services as described in the International Host Family job description.
Village Christian Schools seeks to hire only employees with a vibrant Christian faith. Successful candidates will possess experience in:
- The spiritual qualifications of all Village Christian School personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills and outstanding communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to relate to international students and their families
- Ability to work with a seasoned administrative staff and faculty and with parent volunteers
- A commitment to the mission of Village Christian School
This position includes room and board and a food allowance. It is a taxable position based on the equivalent of renting a room(s) and board.
This position reports directly to the Office of Admissions and the International Student Department.
For more information, please contact Kristin Machuca at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-767-8382.