A Groundskeeper directly reports to the Lead Groundskeeper and Assistant Director of Facilities. A Groundskeeper performs routine maintenance tasks as directed.
- Cuts and edges lawns, pulls weeds, trim shrubs, maintain planters, drain grates, gutters, and down spouts
- Cleans up debris and/or litter on campus
- Assist with moving and setting up chairs, tables, and platforms
- Reports any problem areas or repairs needed to the Lead Groundskeeper or Assistant Director of Facilities
- Reports any potential safety concerns to the Lead Groundskeeper or Assistant Director of Facilities
- Performs other work as directed
Village Christian Schools seeks to hire only employees with a vibrant Christian faith. Successful candidates will possess experience in:
- Must be able to be able to bend, reach, and climb ladders/stairs in the performance of their duties
- Ability to carry/lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to use the following power tools: Mower, edger, trimmer, and blower
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends, as needed
- Performs other duties as directed by the Lead Groundskeeper or Assistant Director of Facilities
- Will exemplify high Christian ideals in a spirit of cooperativeness with integrity
This is a full-time, 12-month position, with working hours being Tuesday- Saturday, 7am-3:30pm.