The Counseling Department is excited about our upcoming events to assist our families and students in their college application process. This year we have events planned to give students access and exposure to several colleges and universities and their representatives, as well as college tours to give students a hands-on college experience.
Village is expanding our test prep course offerings through a partnership with Revolution Prep for your SAT and ACT Test Preparation needs.
More schools are now awarding Merit Scholarships based on students’ GPA + Test Scores and we recommend taking advantage of these special course offerings with discounted Village pricing! Your course options include:
- SAT On-Campus Group Course (minimum 20 students required to sign up in order to run the class) (11th-12th grade only)
- Online SAT + ACT Small Group Course – Schedule around your availability
Online Private tutoring – Schedule around your availability
Special VCS pricing is $350/student for any of the above programs!
- Exclusive 3-day Saturday Bootcamps for Seniors ($199/student)
SAT or ACT Practice Exams - September 22 and December 7
Click here to register
Open to all grade levels! Is the SAT or ACT better for me? Find out this fall! Studies show that test scores get better with the number of times students take practice exams. It's never too early to start getting familiar with these very important tests. Practice SAT/ACT tests are $25 each.
- Financial Aid 101 and FAFSA - UCLA Outreach Speaker
- CSS Profile (used by many private colleges and universities)
- Award Letter examples and walkthrough
BYU Final Exam Proctor Fee - Click Here
- All BYU Independent Study courses have a $50 proctor fee for the final exam.
2017 College Application and Essay
Hey Seniors!!! Are you someone who needs some extra help, extra reassurance,
or an extra pair of eyes when it comes to applying to college? Maybe you'd
like a head start on the process? Maybe you're someone who procrastinates
and might have a freak out moment if you don't get some early hands-on
help? (Yeah, you know who you are!) Luckily Village is running a College
Application and Essa
Dates: August 8-10
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: VCS Room C9
See full agenda below:
Tuesday, August 8
- Introduction to the General Personal Statement and Brainstorming
- Introduction of Narrative Essay Structure
- Analyze Sample Essays
- College Search Process Overview Using Schoolinks and Naviance
Wednesday, August 9
- Introduction of Montage Essay Structure
- Analyze Sample Essays
- Decide on an Essay Structure and Begin Drafting
- Meet with Essay Coach one on one for Feedback and Guidance
- Common Application
- Guest Speaker: Mount Saint Mary's University Admissions Rep
Thursday, August 10
- Peer Review
- Revision Process
- Personal Statement Final Draft Reveal
- UC Application
- Guest Speaker - Syracuse University Admissions Rep
Princeton Review SAT and ACT Prep Classes at VCS - Click Here to RSVP
- VCS is proud to partner with The Princeton Review to help students prepare for the October 7 SAT and October 28 ACT exams. These classes are designed exclusively for VCS students!
Fee: $350 for 6-week program (15 hours instruction and 3 full length exams)