If you attended Village Christian High School, but left before graduating, set up an account with www.parchment.com (see below) to send transcript. If you have any questions, contact Diane Clayton, Registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sending Transcripts for students - Graduation Years 1985 - Present
- Go to www.parchment.com and register. Save your login information
- Optional: select Yes or No to share information with colleges. The information is optional, your
- Academic Background, Education & Academic Interests, etc. Select No and skip if you only want to use Parchment to send transcripts only.
- Select I agree to Term of Use & Service Agreement
- To find your high school use city: Sun Valley and State: CA then select Village...
- For FERPA [your right to see info) it is recommended you select “I do waive...” o Signature: use your mouse to sign and under “Name” type your name
- Select Send Latest Transcript
- If you have any questions or need technical help, go to Parchment support at http://exchange.parchment.com/wp-content/uploads/Parchment_guide_high_school.pdf.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GETTING EVALUATIONS & LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Getting Letters of Recommendations or having evaluation forms completed by teachers, counselors or others is an important part for the application process for colleges and scholarship committees. To get a Letter of Recommendation written or have an evaluation completed, you will need to do the following:
When requesting a letter of recommendation from a teacher, request it from a teacher of an academic subject and someone who knows you well and you are confident will write you a good evaluation. Submit your request at least two weeks prior to the date you would like it mailed. Also, remember that the person writing a recommendation for you is doing you a favor, so write your recommender a thank you a week or two after you have made the request.
Go to the Village website (www.villagechristian.org) and get the required forms by selecting the Guidance/Counseling link and then the Forms and Handouts link.
Recommendation/Evaluation Request form - You can print or save this form on your computer (MS Word) to complete it. Once completed, take a hard copy to submit for each request. You may need to submit several of these completed forms depending on the number of requests. When submitting, include a stamped/addressed envelope.
Student “Brag Sheet” - You can print or save this form on your computer (MS Word) to complete it. Submit this form to each individual writing a letter or completing an evaluation. You will only need to submit one copy one time to each person.
For paper letters/evaluations, always supply a neatly addressed/stamped envelope with the return address left blank for the person completing your request.
For Common Application under My Colleges tab select counselor and under teacher invite teacher(s). You may need email addresses.
Always submit and make the request in person and not via email or mailbox.
A “Thank You” note would be appropriate.