Village Christian is committed to the well-being of our students and will do everything possible to provide your student with a high-quality education during these challenging times.
December 17, 2020
Return to Campus
Below, you will find our 2020-2021 School Reopening Plan, Thriving Through the Challenge. Prior to releasing the plan, we have been awaiting the School Reopening Guidance from the LA County Department of Public Health, which is the government entity private schools must follow.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS FULL PLAN
Revised July 21, 2020
On June 10 and June 11, Village Christian held Virtual Town Hall Meetings for Elementary and Middle/High School, respectively, to discuss our initial plans for a safe return to campus in the fall. Please see below for replays of these Town Hall Meetings.
Elementary | June 10, 2020
Middle/High School | June 11, 2020
As discussed in the Virtual Town Hall Meetings, below is an initial breakdown of the Four-Level Model that Village Christian is currently working on in advance of the new school year. Each level includes associated precautions and procedures that will be implemented based on the current level of COVID-19 concern on and off campus as directed by the Health Department. (Click each level header to access initial protocols.)
(PLEASE NOTE: This information is subject to change based on releases of new guidelines/restrictions, updated research, and current events).
- WHAT IS THE BEST PROTECTION AGAINST COVID-19?
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends taking the following measures:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or, if unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands.
- Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue, then immediately dispose of the tissue. If tissues are unavailable, cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow, then wash your hands.
- Stay up-to-date with the flu vaccine and all other vaccinations.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Social distancing of 6 feet is recommended.
- Stay home if you are sick and do not return to work or school until your temperature is below 100.4 degrees, without the use of fever-reducing medication, for at least 24 hours.
- WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
LA County Health:
- State Department of Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
If we all work together, we can keep our ‘Village’ healthy!