There is so much concern and uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, and we know this can have an enormous impact on our students. We remain committed VCS students' mental wellness and helping navigate these difficult circumstances.
The Wellness Center will be seeing clients via a secure video platform on a weekly or biweekly basis and offers 10 free sessions, a structure it will maintain through the end of the school year. It is part of the Wellness Center's practice to touch base with parents regularly to discuss how best to care for their student and will continue to do so during the online transition.
Given the online format, the Wellness Center will take on a limited number of additional students, who may need assistance working through emotional challenges connected to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Any questions or concerned can be directed to Janie McGlasson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Process of getting started in the Wellness Center:
- Email your/your child's school counselor and request a session with one of the Wellness Center therapists.
- The counselor fills out a referral form that is sent to Janie McGlasson, Clinical Director at the Wellness Center. Janie assigns the student to their therapist.
- The therapist will reach out to the parents to set up a call to discuss paperwork and get any insight on how the WC can be helpful for their student.
- Parents fill out paperwork.
- Therapist emails student to set up a regular meeting time.