The Elementary Musical this year is “Seussical KIDS!” This production is open to Kindergarten - 5th graders. Auditions will be VIRTUAL. Our current plan is to have outdoor performances March 5 - 7. All rehearsals will be run with COVID safety protocols in place. View the SAFETY PROTOCOLS.
Due to the ever changing restrictions and COVID related issues, the detailed
rehearsal schedule will not be available until December 11 at the Parent
Information Meeting. We do anticipate rehearsals being a hybrid of virtual
Here is what you need to know:
- Self-tapes are due NO LATER than Wednesday, December 9
- Self-tapes need to be uploaded to www.wetransfer.com and sent to: email@example.com through that website. Do not send your video directly through email. The video quality will be low. You can also send through Dropbox if you prefer.
- You must fill out and email the AUDITION PACKET to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cast Lists will be posted on Friday, December 11
- Mandatory Parent Info Meeting is on Friday, December 11 from 6 -7 PM via Zoom
- We will send scripts home with each student during the week of December 14. If your student is online only, let us know and we will arrange a pick-up time.
- Rehearsals will begin on January 5 and go through February 28 (a detailed rehearsal schedule will be available at the parent info meeting on Friday, December 11)
- TECH WEEK will be March 1 - 4 (MANDATORY)
- Performances will be March 5 - 7
Please prepare a Musical Theatre type song- 1-2 minutes long (a verse and a chorus). You will need a karaoke track to sing along to. Please make sure the recorded vocals are not on the track.
Here are some Musical Theatre song suggestions:
First Time in Forever from Frozen
When Will My Life Begin from Tangled
In Summer from Frozen
You’re Never Fully Dressed fromAnnie
Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid
How Far I’ll Go from Moana
Under the Sea from The Little Mermaid
I Won’t Grow Up from Peter Pan
Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast
When I Grow Up from Matilda
For grades 2nd - 5th, please also prepare these lines from “Oh, the
thinks you can think!” by Dr. Seuss:
You can think up some birds.
That’s what you can do.
You can think about yellow
Or think about blue....
Think left and think right
And think low and think high.
Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
- Slate - At the beginning of your recording, say your name and what song you will be singing
Sing - sing your song with your karaoke track
Acting - deliver the short Dr. Seuss poem with your own twist and character choice
Here are examples of incorrect framing and lighting for your self tape:
Framing is slightly above head to the waist
Light is on the face and not backlit
Face is not obstructed by hair or hat
Eyes are visible and bright
And of course, you’re never fully dressed without a smile!
Any questions? Email Natalie Taylor at email@example.com.