Groups have three options for lodging:
- Host Families - Groups can arrange for American host families through AmeriStudent. Approximate prices are $65 (or lower) per night per student, which includes breakfast and dinner at home and a bagged lunch for daytime.
- Hotels - Groups can also stay at a local hotel. We recommend any of the following three hotels, all of which are a 10-minute bus ride from campus.
Contact hotels directly for rates and reservations.
Use of this lodging option requires use of Village Christian School buses (see below for costs) for daily pick-ups and drop-offs as well as catered breakfast, lunch and dinner on campus (see below for costs).
Field Trip Option
Groups may opt to attend an off-campus field trip on one day during the program week. Local attractions and approximate costs are:
- Hollywood Movie Studio Tour: $100 per person
- Disneyland: $111 per person
- Professional Baseball Game (Los Angeles Dodgers): $40 per person
- California Science Center: $15 per person
- University Tour (UCLA or USC): $15 per student
Groups must purchase tickets to these attractions directly. The costs above are approximate and do not include the cost of lunch.
Field trips require use of Village Christian School buses (see below for costs).
Village Christian school buses are available at a cost of:
- $2.60 per mile, plus
- $30.00 per hour per driver
Drivers are paid for 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the trip for inspections and cleaning. Maximum 48 people per bus. If Group is transporting luggage, an additional bus may be required.
Catered Meals on Campus
Groups may order meals for consumption on campus at a cost of:
- Breakfast: $10 per person
- Lunch: $15 per person
- Dinner: $20 per person
Discuss options with your camp director. Choices include Mexican food, hamburgers and hot dogs, cold cut sandwiches, Chinese-American food, and Italian food.
Terms and Conditions
- All classes and activities are conducted in English, and campers are expected to have a minimal working knowledge and understanding of the English language in order to fully appreciate and participate in Rising Star Camps.
- All programs require a minimum of 20 students and can accommodate a maximum of 100 students per week.
- Groups are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Camps run from early July through the first week of August.
- All programs are one week, but may be developed into multiple-week programs upon request. Up to four-week programs available.
- Payment terms are as follows: non-refundable deposit of 25% due with signed contract to lock in your group’s reservation; remainder due 45 days in advance.
- Group must provide proof of insurance for students no later than 45 days prior to start date.
- Group must provide one adult chaperone per 15 students.
- Final per-student price may vary depending on changes or additions requested by Group.
- All programs and prices are subject to change.
Jingshu Yang, Rising Star Director
818-767-8382, ext. 214
Call today to reserve a spot for your group! Space is limited!