VCS Caps School Year With Stellar AP Testing Results
Sun Valley, Calif. – AP Testing results are in, and the scores provide a fantastic cap on a stellar 2018-2019 school year.
Village Christian administered a record-setting number of tests again this year, earning a staggering 73 percent passing rate and exceeding the national averages in 13 courses. The number of tests taken in AP Biology, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Chinese Language, AP Studio Art: 2D Drawing, AP US Government and Politics, and AP World History were among the highest in school history.
“One of the best predictors of college success is the rigor of the high school program,” said Ray Endacott, Associate Head of School for Academic Life. “Our students have clearly challenged themselves to master college-level content and have prepared themselves for a successful future. I’m proud of the grit demonstrated not only our students, but also their teachers and parents who supported them to this high level of achievement.”
Notably, scores for AP US Government and Politics maintained a passing rate 20 percent above the national average and 25 percent higher than California scores, while AP Physics I – in the first year the course was offered – wound up 11 percent higher than scores nationwide.
Four courses saw 90 percent or higher of test takers pass – AP Chinese (100 percent), AP Computer Science Principles (97.1), AP Art Studio Drawing (95.24), and AP Calculus BC (90.9).
“The hard work of our teachers and students has borne fruit in record participation and scores,” said Head of School Tom Konjoyan. “This yet another sign of their grit being rewarded on a national scale.”
The results come as we transition into a school year, but not without celebrating the outstanding achievements of our students campus-wide.
Please see below for a few highlights:
- 601 Total College Acceptances
- $9 Million in Scholarships
- 11 Perfect Scores on SAT/ACT Test Sections
- 45 CSF Sealbearers
- 1 Western Division Great Communicator Debate Series Champion (Timothy Lindsey)
- 72 Theatre Arts Awards and Nominations
- 12 Top Performing Arts Ratings and Awards (K-12)
- 1 National Youth Arts Awards Artist of the Year / Broadway Artists Alliance ScholarshipRecipient (Jade Patteri)
- 20 Collegiate Athletes
- 6 Team and Individual CIF-SS Championships
- 1 CIF State Championship
- 13 Team and Individual League Championships
- 41 Mexicali Missions Trip Baptisms (largest group taken to Mexicali to date)
- 198 Commitments and Re-Commitments to Christ
Thank you for making Village Christian School such a special place.