College Acceptances From Top Schools Rolling In For VCS Students
While Village Christian students continue their transition to Online Learning, our seniors are beginning to receive college acceptances from some incredible schools.
"And there are a lot more on the way," said College Counselor Erin D'Amico, who reiterated the department's commitment to the Class of 2020.
“College Counseling is so proud of our seniors as college acceptances start to roll in from some of the most competitive colleges in the country,” D'Amico said. “We are actively helping our seniors weigh their options, understand financial award letters, and supporting them during this decision-making process.”
VCS seniors now boasts acceptances from such schools as Cornell, Dartmouth, Emory, USC, UCLA, Cal, Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, Notre Dame, New York University, and more.
Among the class’ athletes, seven have now committed to continue their careers at the next level and will be playing at Cal, New Mexico State, Incarnate Word, Cal Lutheran, College of Staten Island, Pomona Pitzer, and most recently Thomas More University in Kentucky, where senior Quentin Roberts has just verbally committed to play volleyball (see full list below).
The College Counseling Department is also keeping close tabs on changes for future classes as well.
“We are [also] keeping up to date with all potential college admission changes that may affect the Class of 2021 and beyond,” D’Amico added. “By staying on top of the College Board’s and ACT's policies, as well as having personal relationships with many college representatives and remaining active members of professional organizations such as the National Association for College Admission Counseling, we will keep our families updated with the important information they need to know.”
Additional acceptances include:
- University of Michigan, Texas Christian University, Juniata, Baylor, University of Illinois at Chicago, University of Massachusetts, Boston University, Point Loma Nazarene, Grand Canyon University, University of San Francisco, Chapman University, Seattle Pacific University, Loyola University Chicago, University of Arizona, Vanguard University, Howard University, University of Oregon, Pitzer, Purdue, Wake Forest, Westmont, Fordham, Rutgers, University of Washington, and a host of UC schools, including Irvine, San Diego, Davis, and Riverside.
We are so proud of these amazing seniors, and we look forward to celebrating them in the months ahead.
CLASS OF 2020 ATHLETIC COMMITMENTS
- Ally Melgar, College of Staten Island Softball
- Alysha Maile Yamada, Pomona Pitzer Women’s Basketball
- Annamarie Alvarez, Incarnate Word Women’s Volleyball
- Cristian Insua, Cal Lutheran Baseball
- Jalyne McFall, New Mexico State Football
- Kendall Jensen, Cal Women’s Volleyball
- Quentin Roberts, Thomas More Men’s Volleyball