New California State laws in regards to immunizations are effective July 2019.
All students entering JK-12th grades are required to have all of the following immunizations prior to the start of school:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, & Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) – 5 doses total
- Polio – 4 doses total
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses total
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) – 2 doses total
- Varicella (Chickenpox) – 2 doses total
Students advancing to 7th grade are also required to have the following vaccinations:
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) —1 dose (Whooping cough booster usually given at 11 years and up)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses (Usually given at ages 12 months and 4-6 years)
No shots, no records, no school is a good way to remember this requirement.
All students are required to be in full compliance PRIOR to the first day of school. Students who are not in compliance will not be allowed to attend classes. If you believe your child is in compliance, but they do not have all of the above vaccinations please call the Health Office to discuss in person.
If you have not yet submitted a copy of your student’s immunization records, please do so as soon as possible. If your student is in need of some vaccinations please scheduled a doctor’s appointment, then submit the documentation. Remember to keep your child’s yellow Immunization card up to date, and provide a copy to the Health Office and time there is an update on vaccinations.
Immunizations are available from your private medical doctor, clinics, pharmacies, and through the LA County Immunization Program. The nearest LA County Immunization Program location is:
Glendale Health Center
501 North Glendale Avenue
by Appointment Only